Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Weekly Challenge #226.  Guest Blogger Katie Crommett, CZT
http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com

The challenge for this week is "Simplicity."  The constraint was to use only two or three tangles.



As I thought about "simplicity," I was inspired by the pleasure of the wonderful sweet cherries which have arrived from Washington state.   I couldn't help noticing that it was raining here in upstate New York (again).  I represented the bounty of cherries spilling from a basket.  They seem to be floating in air because that is how they came to be at my table from far away.   The background is to suggest a bamboo fence to be in conversation with the Japanese-inspired pattern of the basket, and also to let me use the pattern for suggesting rain.   I found it restful and satisfying to work on this.  Thank you, Katie, for the challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It gives such satisfaction to know it was appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Abundant and rich with sensation in the thought of cherries! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thank you for the stimulating prompt.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous!! Wonderful depth! Beautifully drawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. It gives me pleasure to know you enjoyed it.

      Delete